Plein-Temps (CDI) Chief Executive Officer (CEO) EFE-Tunisia
The Education for Employment Foundation (EFE) believes that when young people have jobs and the hope of building a future, they help lay the foundation for prosperous and secure societies. Now expanding to Tunisia, EFE has a network of local nonprofits operating across the Middle East and North Africa (Morocco, Egypt, Jordan, Palestine and Yemen).
EFE’s mission is to provide economic opportunities for youth, enabling them to transform their lives through productive, independent livelihoods. Two elements distinguish EFE: 1) We are a network of locally-run non-profits led by a national board of directors (mainly from the private sector) and staff, and 2) We complete the circle beyond training to place graduates in jobs or connect them to entrepreneurship support, and then to provide ongoing learning and civic engagement opportunities.
About the Role
As EFE expands to Tunisia, the CEO will coordinate closely with the EFE-Global team to develop overall strategy, establish the non-profit organization in Tunisia, and lay the foundation for EFE-Tunisia’s first youth employment and entrepreneurship projects in Tunisia.
Reporting directly to the EFE-Tunisia Board of Directors, the CEO will also work closely with the European, U.S. and Moroccan teams.
Strategy and Organizational Launch
Working closely with EFE-Global, design overall strategy in Tunisia and lead the establishment of EFE-Tunisia as new local non-profit organization affiliated with the EFE Network. This includes identifying and recruiting new Tunisian board members, recruiting legal, accounting and other support, legal registration of the organization, drafting the business plan, identifying staff, and setting up marketing/communications, financial, monitoring and other processes.
Refine strategy and budget for programs (training, internships, jobs, entrepreneurship, alumni). Develop strategic partnerships with education institutions, civil society and the private sector to achieve greater impact, scale, sustainability and visibility. Manage programming in Tunisia through structured workplans, performance indicators, budget tracking, timely reporting to donors, and stakeholder engagement.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide day-to-day management and implementation of all EFE-Tunisia operations and staff.
• Prepare a work plan with milestones and action items for each Project-related training program.
• Monitor and evaluate project performance.
• Facilitate discussions with key stakeholders, such as academic partners; international and local private sector companies; other nonprofit charity and nongovernmental organization partners; multilateral agencies, and donors on curriculum design, student selection criteria, program design, local marketing campaign, job placement, and other key interventions.
• Liaise between international, Tunisian, and U.S. stakeholders, in coordination with EFE-U.S. staff.
• Prepare annual business plan projections in coordination with the EFE-U.S. staff.
• A passion for EFE’s mission and commitment to this position.
• In-depth knowledge of Tunisia.
• Postgraduate degree in International Development, International Relations, International Business, or other relevant professional or social science degree.
• Minimum 5-10 years experience working in relevant field—i.e., education, youth development, employment, international development.
• Excellent professional track record with at least 5 years of management level experience in relevant organizational setting.
• Experience in recruiting and managing staff.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively design, develop, implement and manage high-impact programs in international career education, entrepreneurship, workforce development.
• Experience building organizational capacity and managing an organization a plus.
• Experience managing programs financed through US, EU, UN, private foundations and high net-worth individual is strongly preferred.
• Demonstrable capacity and enthusiasm for working effectively in a close, multi-disciplinary, cooperative and entrepreneurial team environment.
• Fluency in Arabic and French is required, fluency in English is preferred but not required.
How to Apply
Send your CV to : email@example.com
Please specify in the subject :"CEO position - Tunis"
2182 total views, 1 today